Monday, October 19, 2009

Aggies Lose Another Close One - Sherman on Hot Seat


The Aggies found themselves playing for pride (AGAIN) on Saturday when they faced off against the Kansas State Wildcats. However, even pride was in short supply as the Aggies found themselves on the wrong side of a 62 - 14 Ass Kicking. Luckily I was not able to watch this disastrous game, but it did get me thinking about the direction the Aggies are heading. Sure, the 3-0 start seemed promising on paper, but the undefeated record left out the fact those wins came against three of the worst ranked teams in College Football. The second loss, like the first loss, came against a formidable opponent in OSU, but to lose this bad against a K-State team is at the very best embarrassing.
.
All of this brings me to my question: How Long Should We Stick With Mike Sherman?
.
I understand when a new coach comes to town the need to give them some time to do recruiting and rebuilding; however, I personally feel Sherman has had adequate time to try and erase the piss poor performances of Coach Fran. There needs to come a time where the blame starts to fall on the new coach, and I believe the time is now. I'd be more than happy to stick with Sherm if we were in the MAC or WAC (or Big 10) conferences, but we're in one of the most competitive conferences in the the NCAA (second only to the SEC) . Hell, I'm pretty sure I could be brought into the coaching position if piss poor results would suffice. Clearly the students and the Aggie Nation should have higher expectations from a school so rich with football history. At this point I think it's pretty hard to build a case for Sherm.

6 comments:

coscaggie said...

I was originally giving him 3 years. Hoping he would at least get to a bowl game and not have any embarrassing loses.

After Saturday's game he needs to be gone after this season.

Derek Kyle Hale said...

I agree 100%. K-State dropping 62 points on our defense is embarrassing. They might not even score 62 points in basketball.

Texas AMC said...

If we do not hurry up and fire Sherman, we are going to miss out on Sumlin. I was hoping to read something in the chronicle today about an interim coach at A&M.

Girl Meets Beau said...

Fire the entire coaching staff and Bill Byrne! For the love of all things maroon, how bad can the Ags get before someone pulls their head out and decides to make a ballsy decision?? Sherman was not a decision of balls, but a safe decision. Old? Check. Over weight? Check. "He'll do!" It's my understanding that he signed a 7 yr contract, and I don't think they are going to fire him.

coscaggie said...

wow brown eyed girl bringing the heat backed up with facts! Impressive!

Derek Kyle Hale said...

FYI...Some of you all might want to rethink how you voted on the current poll. I'm still trying to figure out how TAMU is going to have more than 4 big 12 south victories this year since America's team is going to Superbowl

Post a Comment