Sunday, October 11, 2009

Help, I'm Married to a Tailgater - Part II

Since I think everyone would like to forget this past Saturday's game I thought it would be a good time to give a little more insight on what it's like living with an Aggie Tailgater. But first, I'll introduce the other two Aggie wives. The second lucky girl to marry an Aggie in this group is Nicole and we'll call her Aggie Wife #2. Nicole is not an Aggie either as she attended the University of Houston. Alison is the third girl to marry an Aggie in this group and we'll refer to her as Aggie Wife #3. Alison and I attended the University of Oklahoma (Boomer!) and she actually met her future husband at the A&M/OU in College Station. I think Alison is the luckiest of all us as her new married initials are ATM :)

Aggie Wife #3, #1 & #2

So what should you expect when you marry an Aggie Tailgater? First, you should expect that the Aggie War Hymn will be played at your wedding. It's not even an option. Even if you didn't attend the University it will played. And your husband will sway. He may even grab the microphone from the band and attempt to belt out the tunes. I may or may not have witnessed that at one of the weddings in this group. I'm just saying.

Next, be prepared that your Saturdays will revolve around Aggie football. Even if you are not going to the game or not even watching the game, the mood of your husband will depend on the outcome of the game. If the Aggies win, hooray!, your husband will be happy and will want to be social with all his Aggie friends. However, if the Aggies lose, he will either sulk alone and not speak a word the rest of the day or he will consume multiple adult beverages with his fellow Aggie tailgaters and discuss in detail what went wrong with the game. It's best to stay away from the tailgaters if possible.

And lastly, you should expect that if you marry an Aggie Tailgater that he and all his fellow Aggies will meet at your house weeks before the season starts to do a trial run on setting up the tent for the tailgate. Yes, this really happened. Please see evidence below. Enough said...

3 comments:

coscaggie said...

I don't recall reading any positives in that piece of literature. I'm pretty sure there are many positives that can be listed when discussing being married to an Aggie tailgater. I'll go re-read it and make sure I didn't accidentally skip over that section..........yep re-read it and I sensed a very negative tone.

Lauren said...

There are some positives to being married to a tailgater. I'm just going to have to think about it before I write the next post in this section ;)

Girl Meets Beau said...

I'm glad you documented the trial run with the tent! I don't think people would have believed it really happened if you hadn't. Gotta love these die hard tailgaters!

And Derek, where are the awesome pics from this wkends tailgate?? Show your stuff boy!

Post a Comment