Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Why Do I Love Being an Aggie?

Well let me just put in bullet point presentation style for ya.

-I love Jesus and all of us on Earth are blessed to have the Holy Spirit be with us on our day-to-day walk through life. But being an Aggie you not only get the Holy Spirit but also the Aggie Spirit to be with you. It’s like going to Wal-Mart and buying a T.V. and you get another one for free. Truly awesome. Two spirits while others only have one.

-Reveille is a beautiful animal.

-Traditions. I’m a traditionalist myself.

-The Corps. Gotta Respect the military heritage. I just love the pageantry.

-Aggie Greeks. Some hate ‘em but I think Aggie Greeks are the best bunch of Greeks out of any University out there. They are like Old Southern money frats in the SEC but without the attitude.

-Century Tree. I like trees. A lot. And it is beautiful.

-Northgate a collection of old historic bars with a bit of new thrown in. It resembles my personality.

-Gig ‘em thumbs. Probably the best hand sign of any University.

-I like that when I listen to a Robert Earl Keen, Roger Creager and Lyle Lovett song I know where they are coming from because I’m an Aggie like them.

-Aggie Football. Does it get any better than a Saturday at Kyle field watching the Aggie band?

-As an Aggie I always have next year. Other schools may have the present but it would really suck to know that next year it’s all going to come crashing down and that the Aggies are going to take over.

-People hate us and I love to be hated.

-I love not being able to explain something to people who on the outside lookin in can’t understand it.

-Being an Aggie constructor. I’ve been in this industry for many years and I’ve come to realize that Aggie constructors are the cream of the crop and I’m proud to be one myself.

-I like that highway 6 runs both ways. Could you imagine if it only ran one way?

-I like old AG’s that wear big baseball caps with Aggie pins all pinned to the front of the hat.


So those are just a few reasons why I love being an Aggie. Feel free to add why you love being an Aggie if you desire.

7 comments:

Derek Kyle Hale said...

A single tear ran down my face as i read this. It was beautiful...

I love being an Aggie because of the 18 year old Aggie women. They have such a bright future ahead, and i love knowing how much they will one day contribute to society.

Cypress011 said...

I love being an Aggie because I'm better than everyone.

Girl Meets Beau said...

Great WalMart analogy. I see the "Aggie Spirit" in a whole new light now.

By the way, Derick's a perv. He's slightly reminding me of Colby....who we said would never be allowed around our kids! HA

Cypress011 said...

No Derek has restraining orders in 49 States....not allowed within 150 ft of Elementary Schools.

Anonymous said...

He also doesn't wear his Aggie Ring on Gameday! Just wanted to make sure all the TRUE Aggies on here know this little fact. Don't worry though "Operation: Maroon Out Derek" is in full effect at the Bel-Air Apts.

coscaggie said...

I want Derek in painted up overalls come Gameday.

Texas AMC said...

I wish Highway 6 only ran one way. That way we would never have been able to leave.

Post a Comment